Wednesday, July 29, 2009

HHHhuuuuuhhhhhh.... What a Day!!!


Hi all...

We have to prepare a potluck party... it is suppose to be fun right? People bring all kinds of dishes and everybody sit down together and enjoy the prepared meals, how ever they are... I had potluck parties when I studied in the States.. They were fun, especially when this is the time I can really quench my thirst for traditional drinks and enjoy traditional food... Yeeahaa.... It was fun and so meaningful... because the events were so layed back and people can enjoy themselves around others...


It is totally the opposite here... I'm on the committee to arrange this party right, even, my department is appointed as the "tuan rumah".. the coordinator... But since people in the committee keep bickering of who is suppose to do what, it is all messed up right???? WRONG!!! Everything is turning to be fine and people do their job the best they can... Who would of expect this after all of the back talking, stabbing and bickering.. he he he... Some people said, conflict can lead to success... REALLY? I had hard times and heart aches, but all are just in the days' work..

NEVERTHELESS... What annoy me the most is the people who don't understand the term "potluck" party... The format of the party is:

1. buffet

2.people have to mingle

3.use disposable utensils

4.don't expect too much on the taste of the food and drink

5.be courtious to others

6.SSSSHHHHHAAAARRRREEEEEEEEEE!!!!!!!!!

This group of people insist of having a seperate table, complete with fancy utensils and table cloth ... what... do you want us to feed you as well?... WHERE is the POTLUCK SPIRIT for crying out loud... please......!!! Allah.. you made all kinds of people and these people really test my patients and deman most of my comprehension abilities.. he he he...


All in all, I hope the party will go well tomorrow... Amin... Pray for the best ok... Wassalam... ;o)