Tuesday, June 2, 2009

Today in History...

Today reminds me of a situation I faced a few years ago... Actually this is my third office since I started working as a teacher. The second institution Iworked at is actually at the end of a virgin forest... It is supposedly the most beautiful, the most expensive of all the same body of institution in this country. Guess what is the major department there? INFORMATION TECHNOLOGY!!! and the maximum capacity of the hostels on campus is FOUR THOUSAND students...

Let me tell you guys a bit about this place.... It is a picturesque by the ocean entity... The district is so peaceful, and if you are a peace loving person, this is the kind of place to ought to work, play and stay. Let me tell your about the logistics... This district is connected by road, by air and by water, three main transportation medium.... Do you know why they have three mediums? Because the nearest city is three hours drive through the thick forest and the oil palm estate on the rocky trail... not road... trail... You have a Perdana? Trade it i for a four-wheel drive please... Air transportation changed ownership three times and the twin-otter plane can only fly 11 bodies + a few chickens in the cargo... ha.. ha...ha... How about the water transportation you say? I have to drive an hour to the nearest dock to catch an express boat to Sibu...

Yes... I worked there... It was pleasurable at first, but as time goes by, the elements surrounding me started to collapse on me... wait for it tomorrow ya...