Monday, July 20, 2009

To Teach or not To Teach... That is The Q


Hi all... I wonder... do people know how important it is to study? Do people know how critical it is to have the most qualified people to teach the people who want to learn...


I just learned today that another department in this institution has 80 teaching staff to cater 2 diploma programs as oppose to my department which only has 55 teaching staff to cater 5 diploma programs!!!! How do people up there calculate the yearly budget???? We need qualified staffs to teach these students appropriately to really prepare them to face the REAL WORLD...Furthermore, if MQA knows about the insufficient ratio of lecturers to courses, the students' future is in jeopardy... OMG...

I'm having problems in teaching my program as well. I don't have the facility to train them in!!! My students are suppose to have a simulation room this semester, but the space hasn't been set up yet until today!!! Where am I suppose to train them in????? An empty classroom with no appropriate facilities? They are the first batch for this program and they deserve the sufficient if not perfect facilities to learn with... hmmmm.... MQA is going to question about this and it is the management's responsibilities to answer... wa ka ka.... To make it more ironic, they knew about this requirement since 2007!!!

I don't know how they are going to go around this matter. I don't think a body like MQA will look the other way.... All I know, as of today, in order to train my students sufficiently, I have to be innovative and creative... I wonder... is there any boutique owners out there who want to lend me a hand???
Please Allah, help me... amen... Subhanallah...